Some great tips on looking after your tyres
When buying tyres we all want the same things; safety, a long tyre life and a great value for what we are buying!
So here are some of our professional top tyre tips in getting the most out of your tyres. After all, they are the only part of the vehicle that touch’s the surface.
- Correct pressure is vital for your safety on the road.
· – Ensure your tyres are at the correct pressure and this will LOWER your running costs
· – Under-inflated tyres actually effect your handling and uses more fuel, so the optimum pressure will be more fuel efficient, therefore, saving you more money!
· – To find out the pressure of your tyres yourself you can use a high quality digital or dial pressure gauge. Unscrew the cap off your tyre, insert it and take a reading. Check this recording with your manufactures manual. Read our ‘How to check your tyre pressure’ guide for more information.
· – A tell-tale sign in that your car needs tracking is when your car is pulling significantly to the left or right when driving.
· – It is recommended to get your alignment checked if you vehicle has hit something, if you noticed your tyres have worn unevenly and if you notice that driving is somewhat not in control
· – When your tyres are more suitably aligned for the road it will save you running costs
· – The current British legal limit for car tread depth is 1.6mm
· – The deeper the tread the better grip you will gain
· – To test how much tread yourself, take a 20p and place it in-between the main grooves of your tyre. If you can see the outer band of the coin, the tyre may have insufficient tread depth.
· – To be sure, you should always get the tread checked by a professional.
What to look for when checking your tyre
· – Have a good luck at the overall condition of the tyres, including the inner and outer sidewalls.
· – Check tread depth and pressure
· – Check for signs of irregular wear
· – Check for any cuts or bulges
· – Don’t forget sometimes there could be internal damage which is difficult to be seen, so it is sometimes worth getting your tyres professionally checked.
We are proud members of @tyresafe and consider your safety on the road to be our number one priority!